Getting involved in our schools is easy, fun and rewarding, and it starts with the belief that our children - who represent our future - are a worthy investment in the strength of our economy and the well being of our community. At Champions of Education, we believe that strong schools mean a strong economy, but in order to make our schools strong enough to meet the demands and challenges of today's global economy, our schools need help from us all.
Champions of Education's BELIEF Award is given on the basis of support for education in the following areas:
- Become a mentor or tutor
- Become a Career Coach for Futures for Kids
- Become a lunch and/or reading buddy to a student
- Join a school WatchDOGS program (check on the availability of this program at your school)
- Join the PTA and/or school event committees, etc.
- Make a pledge to Champions of Education or sponsor a Champions of Education event (e.g., Education Roundtable Breakfast meeting)
- Implement an Adopt-a-School partnership
- Donate school supplies or participate in Catawba County United Way's School Supply Drive or any other such related program
- Donate equipment to a school(s)
- Donate toward a teacher classroom project through COE's DonorsChoose Giving Page
- Discounted offer for a company product, service or a rebate program that would benefit school employees, parents or students
Advocacy of Education Issues in the Workplace
- Your business communicates to employees the concerns with education issues in Catawba County and the importance of getting involved in schools (for example: promoting NC's "Leave for Parental Involvement in Schools" statute, employee assistance to obtain high school diploma or GED or higher education degree, conducting employee meetings about education, etc.)
- Enrolling in Education Matters program and instituting a hiring policy at your company which states that applicants must have at least a high school diploma or GED to be considered for employment
These are but a few suggestions of ways in which you or your business can support our students and schools. If you are interested in getting involved or want to learn more, fill out our Contact Us form and a Champions of Education staff person will be in touch.
Please click here for a list of our business partners and sponsors.